Okay, just a little update for my blog! Greg and I went and sat down with our perinatologist (spelling?) today. It was fun to see everyone at the hospital and to catch up. We haven't gone in for over six months and sadly it is fun to see those people even though our relationship with them was through a stressful two pregnancies....they seem like family. After all the catching up we got down to business and pretty much were told what we already knew...the risks and the possibilities that could go wrong with another pregnancy. I think they think I am just crazy but they said it is possible....JUST DON'T HAVE TWINS! I guess they just worked with twins and it didn't turn out great!! That is so sad!!! So the ball is in our court. Is it worth the risk? I guess all I want to do is make the right decision. I would hate to selfishly want another baby but then have something go wrong and me not be able to raise the three that I already have. Sounds easy right??? DON'T HAVE ANYMORE!!... but how do you get rid of the nagging feeling???? The doctor said that if the baby needed the transfusion before 23 weeks than it wouldn't be possible because the ambilical cord is tiny and you just can't get the needle in there to give them blood. There is a procedure where they inject blood right into the belly of the baby and the baby will actually absorb...hopefully....some of the blood and hopefully enough to get them to that 23-25 week period. Another scary thing is that if the baby needs the transfusion at 23 weeks and the heart rate goes down they will just let the baby die because of the complications a 23 weeker would have. AHHHHH, I am so stressed already and I really don't know if I can do this as I think about all of the risks which are to many to mention....but if we were so lucky to get another baby that ends up being okay, than it is worth the price. The hopeful thing is that the antigens that Greg carries are hetero...which means there is a 50/50 chance that the baby will even get the antigens....so prayers, prayers, prayers and a lot of faith that if we move forward that a miracle can happen and the baby wouldn't even be affected. We are really rare though because it is rare to have 1 antigen...let alone 3.....but the really bad one is the Duffy antigen and it has a 50/50 chance.....50/50 is good odds...except that all 3 of our boys have gotten Duffy each time. Okay, i am probably not even making sense. It makes sense to me because I know this disease probably as well as my doctor. So sorry if it is confusing. Brief description. Greg has 3 antigens that he passed onto my boys. He is normal...I think....it took just the right two people to have a reaction. I am negative for the antigens but at some point in my first pregnancy my blood crossed with Dallin's and so my body built up antibodies like it would when you have a disease. So with each pregnancy my antibody count gets higher and thinks the baby is a disease and destroys the babies blood making the baby enemic resulting in blood transfusion to the baby before they are born. There are only 2% of the nation that can donate blood to the baby...and of that 2% who really donates. Transfusions are very risky but we have an amazing team of doctors!!!! They do brain scans on the baby throughout the whole pregnancy sometimes 2-3 times a week and the flow of the blood in the babies brain will tell them if he is anemic and if we need to do a blood transfusion. (it's a little more detailed than that but you get the point) And why am I thinking about going through this again.....I think because I love my babies and they are worth it!!! The fact that I have 3 little boys who are healthy is an absolute miracle.....so why lose my faith now? I will keep an update!!!! Sorry if that is boring.
Well, with that said, Dallin turned 7 yesterday and Alex turned 3 today! I can't even tell you how much I love my boys. Dallin is so mature for his age. He has always been so grown up. He is my little helper and my little buddy. I can laugh so hard with him and we have such a good time together. He has such a sweet spirit and amazes me at how intouch he is with the spirit. His questions and he love for the church are absolutely incredible. I am glad he is my first. Alex cracks me up. He is a little ball of energy and love! There is nothing like fishy kissies from Alex. He and Dallin both are obsessed with sports(which makes dad happy) and Alex has a special love for baseball. He is dang good at it too. If we are watching T.V. and we come across a baseball game we have to watch it. He is so cute with his brothers and every morning when they wake up it is like a reunion all over again. He just hugs his brothers and kisses them like they haven't seen each other for years. I love it. He is so cute because he has such a hard time talking but he has made up his own sign language that we love to try and figure out! I love my boys and I AM the luckiest mom in the world.
Well, I have doubled my blog page by now so I better head to bed!!!
11 comments:
Becky,
You are an amazing mother! Your faith is inspiring!
Kristen
I am glad things went as well as they could at the doctor. I know you and Greg will make the right decision. I will continue to pray for you both. Happy Birthday to your boys!
Thanks for all of the nice words and for the prayers and support. I had never felt the power of prayer from others than I did when I was pregnant with Colton. It was amazing!!! You could actually feel the support!!! So, thank you!
Good luck Becky! I know that you and Greg will make the right decision and we'll support you in any way we can! You know I will always watch your boys while you go in for doctor's appointments. Love you guys lots!
Good luck Bec. That is tough, but we are so lucky to have the gospel. It makes all the difference. If you need anything let me know. I will be thinking about you guys. Much love!
Thanks for the update. I have been thinking about you and wondering how the appt. went. Your willingness to sacrifice sooo much to be a mother is incredible. You're amazing.
You are so awesome! I look up to you so much for your unselfishness and how much you appreciate your blessings. We are in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya!
Ditto to all the comments. You have an amazing attitude! Good luck with the decision...we will keep you in our prayers.
You are amazing! You kids should feel so blessed to have mom that goes through so much to have them. I think it is great that you want another one. Any child would be blessed to be in your home. Good lucky Becky!
I'm really not amazing I think any of you would do the same thing for their children. Just having a baby is a sacrifice and that fact that any baby is born normal is a miracle!!!! Thanks for the support!!
I so sorry you have such hard pregnancies. Our hearts go out to you. We are sending you prayers from far away!
Post a Comment