Monday, August 6, 2007

Summer is almost over!

We just got back from our last family trip of the summer and it is clear that summer is about to end. We are starting to pack for the move and I know the rest of summer days is dedicated to packing! I have mixed feelings because I am kind of craving fall days (which is my favorite by the way) but it seems like when school starts our lives just fly by.

Our last trip was of course to the Grace fair and rodeo. We go every year and we just have a ball. It was a little different this year with Greg's Great Grandma not being there ( she just passed in June). She was so independent even at 103 that she insisted in living in a nice little trailer next to Greg's grandma's house. Grace was all about seeing Great-Grandma one last time (which we thought the last time was everytime we went in the past ten years) and Grandma's amazing food. Oh, yeah and the fair and rodeo are awesome too. There is nothing like a Grace parade. On friday night they go up the street and turn around and come back down the street and then they do the same parade on Saturday night too! We laugh but it is so much fun for the kids because they collect bags full of candy and feast on it the whole weekend. There is nothing like being in a small town. The girls even went walking/running in the mornings and it was beautiful and peaceful except for the potato pickers whistling and hollering!!!! Greg's grandma is so amazing and giving and she just makes our stay so amazing!!!!

Life is good. We are meeting with our baby specialist this Friday to "discuss" our future with any more babies. We already know that 10 out 10 doctors say we are crazy to even think about another one but our specialist said we can sit down and talk and that if we are on board that he is too! I think I may be crazy to even contemplate another baby. My only fear is me dying and giving up my opportunity to raise my boys. The chances of that are actually fairly high but I think if they are ready for me each time we do the interuterine blood transfusions than we will be okay. The chances of the baby actually making it to 26 weeks in order to do the transfusion is pretty slim too but our doctor said he just performed a transfusion on a set of twins at 23 weeks and that it was successful and they got the babies to 27 weeks before they were born. That is the earliest they have ever done a transfusion. Colton needed one at 23 weeks but they refused to do it until 26 weeks and at 26 weeks they couldn't believe he was alive...he had had a stroke but he was alive and they were able to transfuse him three more times up until 33 weeks before he was born and then he had five after he was born. Anyways...I am just rambling but I guess my point is that we need the prayers if we are going to go forward!!!! I completely have faith that things will work out the way they are supposed too!!!

Well, I am slacking and I need to be packing...oh that rhymed and I didn't even mean it!!! See ya!!!!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey- good to see you are back. I'm glad that you had a good time in Grace. Good luck with the doctor, let me know what he says. I love ya!

Annie said...

Ok, Becky, I think you are a saint. Seriously. I'm such a whimp when it comes to just a regular pregnancy. We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Be careful!
And about that fall weather...I too crave it. But unfortunately here it doesn't really happen. The leaves are green pretty much all year, except for the ones that turn a nice shade of brown right around Christmas time. Enjoy that nice crisp, cool fall weather for me, ok?

Jen said...

I hope everything goes well. We will keep you in our prayers. The pictures are so cute, and I love that I can listen to Carrie Underwood while reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky. Best of luck with your visit with the Specialist. I admire your positive attitude!

By the way, my sis-in-law married a guy from Grace. I never heard of the town before until she married him. So, I think it is funny to hear somebody else talk about the very small town of Grace, ID.

Johnson said...

Hey Kim, what is the kids name?

Dottie Stay said...

I am gald that you guys had fun! It sounds like a blast!! I am with you and Annie! There is nothing like the Fall!! I love the smell in the air, and the fall scents you can start to buy! Oh, I want it to be Fall right now. Keep us posted on the Dr news! You take care of yourself!!

Layne & Kellie said...

Looks like you had a blast. We went their for one of Layne's family reunions. I love that pool. So big. That high dive freaks me out though. I was pregnant at the time so I had a decent excuse on not going off it.

Good luck with the baby. I'll keep you in my prayers. I had no idea what you go through. You guys are so strong and amazing!!

Dottie Stay said...

Bec,
Thanks for the comment on my blog! All of those things will make me feel better! You re a great friend, and I just love you!! You make me laugh.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

His name is Ryan Christensen. His parents own 2 golf courses around Grace.

Megan said...

THe picture of your boys on the high dive reminds me of the movie sandlot. Hope your boys weren't trying to make out with any hot lifegaurds :) You are such a great example of faith! We are for sure praying for you and Greg and truly hope that everything goes well. Fall is the best- I miss Woodland Hills every Fall. It is breathtaking! You are a great mom- your boys are lucky to have you.

Johnson said...

Megan that is funny because my boys love the Sandlot!!!! I will remind Dallin of that!!!!

Scott and Megan said...

Tell Dallin if he would like to meet "the Beast" from the sandlot (a bullmastiff) come on over to my house and meet Frank. He could even wear his cowboy outfit and ride him like a pony...Ethan and Carter do!!!!:) Thanks for commenting on my blog...I love it...I love good ol Becky Peterson! xoxo

Johnson said...

And I love Megan!!!! Thanks for letting me read your blog and laugh my guts out!!! You are awesome and my kids would probably love your dog!!!

Annie said...

Ok, I was just on your site, and Funky Town was playing and it just put a smile on my face. So thanks! (We have the Shrek 2 cd, and we all jam to it in the car on road trips.) I am totally copying you and putting a play list on my site, too!